Angel is published by Dark Horse Comics. Cover price is $2.99.
- Angel and Faith #24: 31 Jul 2013
- Angel and Faith #25: 28 Aug 2013
- Angel and Faith Season 10 #1: 02 Apr 2014
Angel and Faith Season 10 launches in April 2014, scheduled for 30 issues.
- Angel/Angelus - A vampire who was cursed with a soul.
- Charles Gunn - Former leader of a gang that fought vampires in Los Angeles, and former member of Angel's team.
- Spike/William (the Bloody) - Member of Angel's vampire 'family' who has recently gained a soul. Reluctant ally of Angel and his team.
- Illyria - A powerful other-dimensional goddess, trapped in the body of a former associate of Angel's.
- Bowman - A drugdealer that Gunn knows, and wishes to stop - Appears in Old Friends Issues 2,4 and 5
Angel and Faith #25 Edit
This is the current issue, and therefore no story information will be posted about this issue. Please check your local comic shop for copies of this issue.
Angel and Faith #24 Edit
Angel: After the Fall Edit
Angel: Auld Lang Syne Edit
Angel: Masks Edit
Angel Spotlight: Connor Edit
As Connor tries to work on a genealogy project for one of his college courses, his town is experiencing a surge of vigilantism in which criminals are being killed. Connor suspects he is doing it in his sleep. He also experiences a certain amount of cognitive dissonance (possibly due to the memory spell used to place him with a human family), wondering if he is genuinely a child born of two vampires or if he is a child born of a normal family. The title of Connor's story is "Inheritance."
Angel Spotlight: Doyle Edit
Angel Spotlight: Wesley Edit
Angel Spotlight: Gunn Edit
Angel Spotlight: Illyria Edit
Angel: Old Friends #5 Edit
Angel: Old Friends #4 Edit
Angel: Old Friends #3 Edit
Angel: Old Friends #2 Edit
Angel: Old Friends #1 Edit
Gunn comes to Angel's mountain retreat and convinces the vampire to come back to Los Angeles, where a vampire resembling Spike is terrorizing the city. They battle the evil Spike and nearly lose, until the real Spike shows up and stakes the faux Spike.
Angel: The Curse #5 Edit
Angel: The Curse #4 Edit
Angel refuses to turn Natalya into a vampire to save her, even when he is told that she is the last of her family and thus the only person who can alter the curse on him. Brasov's vampire army attacks the Rom and Angel helps them fight. Meanwhile, another group of Romany prepare to assualt Brasov's position, but he is warned about them. When Ion goes to check on Natalya, disappointed by Angel's refusal, he discovers that she is missing. This issue also includes the short story "Completely Cold" by Michael May.
Angel: The Curse #3 Edit
Angel: The Curse #2 Edit
Angel meets up with a group of Roma revolutionaries/vampire hunters, led by Petru. Brasov sends human mercenaries after Angel.
Angel: The Curse #1 Edit
Angel travels to Romania, to the place where he was cursed with a soul over a century ago, in order to find a way to get rid of the clause in the curse that will remove his soul should he ever acheive true happiness. He battles an army of vampires under the service of Corneliu Brasov, a powerful warlord.
- Angel: Surrogates - Collects #1-3 of the Dark Horse Series. "Angel is in deep trouble as he tries to solve a case involving a demonic fertility clinic. Just why are mothers being murdered and husbands turned into zombie-like guards? With the help of his sidekicks, Cordelia and Doyle, Angel is hot on the trail of the woman who may be responsible for the homicidal mayhem. But Angel is about to find out that catching up with her is the last thing he wants to do!" - WorldCat - ISBN 1569714916
- Angel: Earthly Possessions - Collects #5-7 of the Dark Horse Series. "While attempting to drive a demon out of a possessed lawyer, Angel is given a well-timed hand by Father Noe, an excommunicated priest. Noe seems to be an expert at driving out demons, he's known as 'The Exorcist to the Stars.' But Angel has reason to believe there's a darker reason for the Father's success." - WorldCat - ISBN 1569715335
- Angel: Hunting Ground - Collects #8-9 of the Dark Horse Series, plus the Angel stories from Dark Horse Presents #153-155. "There's a killer tossing dead bodies out of L.A. sewers like hot potatoes, and all the evidence points Detective Kate Lockley towards one man: a certain vampire named Angel. But Angel knows there are a lot more monsters in L.A -- he just doesn't know which one's trying to set him up. In 'Lovely, Dark, and Deep,' Cordelia lands the starring role in a Blair Witch rip-off about three filmmakers searching for the legendary Helm of Haraxis. But what she doesn't know is that the film is a sham and the Helm's the real thing. Angel, who smelled a rat from the beginning, has to rescue Cordelia and her fellow filmmakers from a cabal of Hollywood demons and angry forest spirits, who all want to keep the Helm of Haraxis and the power it gives them." - WorldCat - ISBN 1569715475
- Angel: Autumnal - Collects #12-14 of the Dark Horse Series. "Angel searches an abandoned amusement park to rescue a little girl from a vicious gang of kidnappers. But the kidnappers aren't the only things Angel must contend with -- he, the girl, and the thugs have to fight their way past an army of demonic rats! In 'Vermin' we find out why Angel has such a dislike for the furry little buggers. Then in 'Little Girl Lost,' Angel investigates a series of bizarre deaths caused by spontaneous combustion. He soon links the deaths to a teenage runaway and a demon spellcaster. What's the connection? Angel better find out or he might be the one in the hot seat." - WorldCat - ISBN 1569715599
- Angel: Strange Bedfellows and Other Stories - Collects #4, 10, 11, & 17 of the Dark Horse Series, plus the story from TV Guide. "The title story... features a vampire brothel, in which the bloodsucking madam tries to lure Angel into unholy congress with his own kind. This volume also features the first solo Cordelia story, in which she and her haunted apartment defend themselves against a demonic intruder." - WorldCat ISBN 1569717532
- Angel: Long Night's Journey - Collects #1-4 of the Dark Horse Mini-Series (i.e. vol. 2). "Angel searches for a kidnapped child and stumbles upon a force of unspeakable evil and unimaginable power. It seems some insidious character has an old bone to pick with L.A.'s resident vampire detective. Now Angel must go toe to toe with some of the toughest monsters around." - WorldCat - ISBN 1569717524
- Angel: Old Friends - Collects Angel: Old Friends #1-5. "When a strangely familiar, seemingly vampiric figure is spotted killing victims in Los Angeles, Angel, alone in semi-retired retreat while he figures out what's next for him, is lured back to the city to put a stop to the string of slayings. The case will reunite the vampire that has a soul with old friends and old enemies - but it's impossible to tell which is which!" - WorldCat - ISBN 193323976X
- Angel: Auld Lang Syne - Collects Angel: Auld Lang Syne #1-5. "Angel's back on the job in Los Angeles, tracking a mysterious cult, and working to solve a kidnapping. The only trouble is, a few old familiar faces keep showing up - faces he shouldn't really be seeing! And what does Spike have to do with it?" - WorldCat - ISBN 1600100635
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 1 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #1-5.
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 3 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #9-12. - WorldCat - ISBN 1613770596 -
- Angel & Faith, vol. 1: Live Through This - Collects Angel & Faith #1-5. "Angel has made bad choices in his life. Most recently? While possessed, he killed Giles. However, he believes he’s found a way to make amends, by bringing the Watcher back from the grave! Cue Faith—rebel Slayer, and Angel’s only ally—who only supports this harebrained scheme in order to keep her friend from catatonia. New threats emerge as this unlikely duo struggles against real and personal demons alike, while hitting the dark streets of London!" - WorldCat - ISBN 1595828877
- Angel & Faith, vol. 2: Daddy Issues - Collects Angel & Faith #6-10. "The dark streets of London are increasingly dangerous as murderers, mystically devoid of emotion, begin to impact the lives of Angel and Faith. In unraveling this new mystery, the pair follow clues in the Watcher’s Files to a demon from Giles’s past and a “child” from Angel’s. Then, Drusilla returns to her homeland and becomes the hot new vampire in the underground scene! While Angel faces Dru, Faith must deal with issues that reawaken her inner turmoil—a visit from her deadbeat dad, who’s looking for a favor, and a troubled Slayer hell bent on revenge!" - WorldCat - ISBN 1595829601
- Angel & Faith, vol. 3: Family Reunion - Collects Angel & Faith #11-15. "Angel's quest to resurrect Giles from the dead has brought an old friend to London - Willow! Tensions run high as they confront the loss of Giles, but before blood can be shed, Willow has a proposition. She'll help Angel on his quest if he'll help her find magic. To do that, she'll need Connor, Angel's estranged son and the only one who can get them into Quor'toth, a fearsome hell dimension where magic runs deep. Good thing they'll have reliable ol' Faith to keep an eye on their progress and motives…" - WorldCat - ISBN 1616550791
- Angel & Faith, vol. 4: Death and Consequences - Collects Angel & Faith #16-20. "Angel and Faith will need all the help they can get when it comes to stopping this season's ubervillains from unleashing a magic-fueled plague on the earth. Enter an archmage, a former Watcher, and two socialites who’ve dabbled in magic… Will it be enough?" - WorldCat - ISBN 1616551658
- Angel & Faith, vol. 5: What You Want, Not What You Need - Collects Angel & Faith #21-25. "Angel’s quest to restore Giles’s life has entered its last stage. As he and Faith prepare to carry out their task and resurrect an old friend, Season 9’s Big Bads enter the last phase of their own plan to restore balance to earth." - WorldCat - ISBN 1616552530
- Angel Omnibus - Collects the original Dark Horse series #1-14, 17; Long Night's Journey #1-4; stories from Dark Horse Presents #153-155 & Dark Horse Extra #25-28; and Point of Order.
- Angel Omnibus - Collects The Curse, Old Friends, Spotlight, and Auld Lang Syne. - WorldCat - ISBN 1600102700
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 2: First Night - Collects Angel: After the Fall #6-8. "What happened on the very night Los Angeles went straight to hell, the incident that ended the Angel television series with such a shocking cliffhanger? Why did the team go their separate ways? And how did Connor rise up to become one of Hell's greatest champions?" - WorldCat - ISBN 160010231X
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 3 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #9-12. "Long-time friends-turned-enemies Angel and Gunn are on a collision course with destruction, and when Gunn's master plans get exposed, well, let's just say things get chippy." - WorldCat - ISBN 1600103774
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 4 - Collects #13-17. "With truths revealed, master plans laid out, and people dying, it’s clear evil is winning the fight in Los Angeles. In this decisive story, a climactic battle will see Angel live free or die for the final time." - WorldCat - ISBN 1600104614
- Angel, vol. 6: Last Angel in Hell - Collects #23-27 & Annual #1. "Find out what happened to Gunn, Drusilla, Angel, and Spike in the aftermath of the Fall, which includes comas, insane asylums, a comic con, and even Angel's movie adaptation." - WorldCat - ISBN 160010732X
- Angel: Immortality for Dummies - Collects #28-32. "When Angel goes missing, Connor steps in, and learns pretty quickly that being a hero is a lot harder than his dad makes it look." - WorldCat - ISBN 1600106897
- Angel, vol. 2: The Crown Prince Syndrome - Collects ??? "Angel is back righting wrongs, but quickly discovers that one of the crew is not at all what he seems. When it's revealed that James is not only not an angel, but has demon farming plans for L.A., Angel must stop him. Except that Connor goes missing, Spike may not have a soul, and the demon warrior women may have something to do with at least some of it." - WorldCat - ISBN 1600107893
- Angel, vol. 3: The Wolf, the Ram, and the Heart - Collects #???-43 & Angel: Yearbook. "Ripped from the 'now' into the far future, Angel discovers that if he doesn't stop James or 'Myr,' the not-angel, Los Angeles ends up as a Blade Runner-y disaster of demon breeding farms and war. His ally in this stark world is Wolfram & Hart, who he knows better than to trust. Yet, it's clear that some things are worse than the Apocalypse. Maybe." - WorldCat - ISBN 1600109446
- Angel: After the Fall Premiere Edition, vol. 1 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #1-17. - WorldCat - ISBN 160010861X
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 1 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #1-5 - Kindle
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 2 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #6-8. - Kindle
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 3 - Collects Angel: After the Fall #9-12. - Kindle
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 4 - Collects #13-17. - Kindle
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 5: Aftermath - Collects #18-22. - Kindle
- Angel: After the Fall, vol. 6: Last Angel in Hell - Collects #23-27 & Annual #1. - Kindle
- Angel: Immortality for Dummies - Collects #28-32. "When Angel goes missing, Connor steps in, and learns pretty quickly that being a hero is a lot harder than his dad makes it look." - Kindle
- Angel: The Crown Prince Syndrome - Collects ??? - Kindle
- Angel: The Wolf, the Ram, and the Heart - Collects #???-43 & Angel: Yearbook. - Kindle
- Angel & Faith, vol. 1: Live Through This - Collects Angel & Faith #1-5. - Kindle
- Angel & Faith, vol. 2: Daddy Issues - Collects Angel & Faith #6-10. - Kindle
- Angel & Faith, vol. 3: Family Reunion - Collects Angel & Faith #11-15. - Kindle
- Angel & Faith, vol. 4: Death and Consequences - Collects Angel & Faith #16-20. - Kindle
- Angel & Faith, vol. 5: What You Want, Not What You Need - Collects Angel & Faith #21-25. - Kindle
As a vampire with a soul, Angel fights as a champion against the forces of darkness.
At the end of the television series, Angel defeated a major organization of evil, but at the cost of the lives of several of his own allies.
Leftover Useful InformationEdit
Angel created by: Joss Whedon & David Greenwalt
Writer: Jeff Mariotte, Artist: David Messina, Lettering: Tom B. Long, Editor: Chris Ryall, Covers: David Messina
Issue #1 Variant Covers: Tim Bradstreet, Ben Templesmith, Igor Kordey
Issue #2 Variant Covers: John Byrne, Chriscross, Kelsey Shannon
Issue #3 Variant Covers: Alex Garner, Igor Kordey, Ashley Wood
Issue #4 Variant Covers: Alex Garner, Roger Robinson, Matthew Clark
Issue #5 Variant Covers: Chris Bolton, Alex Garner, Todd Nauck
Writer: Jeff Mariotte, Artist: David Messina, Covers: David Messina
Issue #1 Variant Covers: Lee Kohse, Zach Howard, Tone Rodriquez
Angel: The Curse takes place after the end of the TV series. The second mini-series from IDW will be called Angel: Old Friends
A previous series for Angel was published by Dark Horse Comics from 1999-2000, and a four-issue mini-series, also called Angel, was published by Dark Horse in 2001.
Future Publication DatesEdit
Dates subject to change at the whims of the publisher or distributor. Please see the Diamond Shipping Lists for current information.
- Angel and Faith Season 10 #1: 02 Apr 2014
News & FeaturesEdit
- 28 Mar 2012 - Artist Chris Samnee Bites Into Angel & Faith
- 28 Feb 2012 - Behind Buffy Season 9: Angel & Faith Welcome Drusilla
- 23 Dec 2011 - Behind Buffy Season 9: Gage Builds Bonds in Angel & Faith
- 17 Nov 2011 - CBR TV @ NYCC: Christos Gage Guides Angel & Faith and Avengers Academy (video)
- 08 Jun 2011 - Angel and Faith #1 Artistic Process
- 20 Aug 2010 - Exclusive Interview: Chris Ryall and Mariah Huehner Discuss Angel Leaving IDW
- 20 Apr 2010 - C2E2: Bill Willingham Spotlight
- 10 Dec 2009 - Angel #28 Countdown: Mariah Huehner Interview Part One
- 26 Jul 2009 - SDCC 09: IDW Angel Panel: New Writers, Ongoings
- 05 Feb 2009 - Armstrong talks Angel: After the Fall
- 15 Jan 2008 - Want To Learn What’s Ahead For Angel’s Sixth Season?? Elston Gunn Chats Up Writer Brian Lynch On The Matter!!
- 06 Nov 2007 - Brian Lynch talks Angel: After the Fall
- 28 Jul 2007 - SDCC '07: Bryan Lynch on Angel: After the Fall
- 26 Apr 2007 - IDWeek: Joss Talks Angel, After the Fall
- 26 Apr 2007 - IDWeek: Brian Lynch Talks Spike and Angel
- 29 Sep 2006 - Scott Tipton Sinks His Teeth Into Angel: Auld Lang Syne
- 02 May 2006 - Not Fade Away: Jeff Mariotte Talks Angel